Changelog wifipihser v1.3 15/4/2017:
o Introduced –quitonsuccess (-qS) option. [@javaes]
o Introduced Travis CI. [@d33tah]
o Install pylint in Travis. [@blackHatMonkey]
o Web server migration to Tornado. Fixes various bugs and increases performance. [@sophron]
o Remove DNS leases after the script restarts. [@laozi999]
o Introduced –internetinterface (-iI) option to provide Internet connectivity to victims. [@sophron]
o Added support for iOS and Android to our network manager imitation template. [@alexsalvetti]
o Introduced a new deauthentication module. [@blackHatMonkey]
o Introduced a new recon module, including new features in target AP selection phase. [@blackHatMonkey]
o Code refactoring including a more modular design. [@sophron]
o Introduced accesspoint module serving as a hostapd wrapper. [@sophron]
o Introducing Lure10, an attack for automatic association against Windows devices. [@sophron]
Wifiphisher is a security tool that mounts fast automated phishing attacks against WPA networks in order to obtain the secret passphrase. It is a social engineering attack that unlike other methods it does not include any brute forcing. It is an easy way for obtaining WPA credentials.
From the victim’s perspective, the attack makes use in three phases:
– Victim is being deauthenticated from her access point. Wifiphisher continuously jams all of the target access point’s wifi devices within range by sending deauth packets to the client from the access point, to the access point from the client, and to the broadcast address as well.
– Victim joins a rogue access point. Wifiphisher sniffs the area and copies the target access point’s settings. It then creates a rogue wireless access point that is modeled on the target. It also sets up a NAT/DHCP server and forwards the right ports. Consequently, because of the jamming, clients will start connecting to the rogue access point. After this phase, the victim is MiTMed.
– Victim is being served a realistic router config-looking page. wifiphisher employs a minimal web server that responds to HTTP & HTTPS requests. As soon as the victim requests a page from the Internet, wifiphisher will respond with a realistic fake page that asks for WPA password confirmation due to a router firmware upgrade.
– Kali Linux.
– Two network interfaces, one wireless.
– A wireless card capable of injection.
git clone https://github.com/sophron/wifiphisher
python wifiphisher.py -h (for helper)