Security Onion is a Linux distro for IDS (Intrusion Detection) and NSM (Network Security Monitoring). It’s based on Ubuntu and contains Snort, Suricata, Sguil, Squert, Snorby, Bro, NetworkMiner, Xplico, and many other security tools.
RAM Minimum Requirements
- 512MB – 1GB RAM for the core OS (512MB for Ubuntu Server with no GUI)
- +512MB RAM for the server components (apache, sguild, Snorby, ELSA web, etc.)
- +1GB RAM for EACH network interface that you choose to monitor
- + >=512MB RAM if you choose to enable ELSA
- Intel NICs
- as much RAM as your server holds!
- as much Disk as your server holds!
For Installation Procedures : http://code.google.com/p/security-onion/wiki/Installation
Download version :
securityonion-12.04-20121224.iso (1.3 GB)
MD5 : securityonion-12.04-20121218.iso.md5 (64 Bytes)
Find Other Version |
Resources : http://securityonion.blogspot.com/ | http://code.google.com/p/security-onion/
Our Post Before : http://seclist.us/2012/12/security-union-v-12-04-rc1-released.html