- Added additional messages to set up database script to help user diagnoise issues
- Cleaned up code in the set up database script
- Altered set up database to allow user to choose the name of the database to be whatever they like. This is configured in MySQLHandler.php
- Set up database script will now output the database name, MYSQL server name, and the username at different points in the set up to help the user diagnose configuraton issues
- Color coded messages in set up database script to help user identify trouble spots
NOWASP (Mutillidae) is a free, open source web application provided to allow security enthusiest to pen-test a web application. NOWASP (Mutillidae) can be installed on Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 7 using XAMMP making it easy for users who do not want to administrate a webserver. It is already installed on Samurai WTF and Rapid7 Metasploitable-2. The existing version can be updated on either. NOWASP (Mutillidae) contains dozens of vulns and hints to help the user; providing an easy-to-use web hacking environment deliberately designed to be used as a lab for security enthusiast, classrooms, labs, and vulnerability assessment tool targets. Mutillidae has been used in graduate security courses, in corporate web sec training courses, and as an “assess the assessor” target for vulnerability assessment software.
NOWASP (Mutillidae) has been tested/attacked with Cenzic Hailstorm ARC, W3AF, SQLMAP, Samurai WTF, Backtrack, HP Web Inspect, Burp-Suite, NetSparker Community Edition, and oth
- Mutillidae can be installed on Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 7 using XAMMP making it easy for users who do not want to install or administrate their own webserver.
- Installs easily by dropping project files into the “htdocs” folder of XAMPP.
- Preinstalled on Rapid7 Metasploitable 2
- Preinstalled on Samurai Web Testing Framework (WTF)
- Has dozen of vulnerablities and challenges. Contains at least one vulnearbility for each of the OWASP Top Ten 2007 and 2010
- System can be restored to default with single-click of “Setup” button
- Switches between secure and insecure mode
- Secure and insecure source code for each page stored in the same PHP file for easy comparison
- Used in graduate security courses, in corporate web sec training courses, and as an “assess the assessor” target for vulnerability software
- Contains 2 levels of hints to help users get started
- Instructional Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/webpwnized
- Updates tweeted to @webpwnized
- Mutillidae has been tested/attacked with Cenzic Hailstorm ARC, W3AF, SQLMAP, Samurai WTF, Backtrack, HP Web Inspect, Burp-Suite, NetSparker Community Edition, and other tools
Installation Instruction :