3.1.0 (Aug 20, 2014)
Numerous changes are in this release. Here are the big items:
- Multi-threaded pipelines
- File type ingest module
- File extension mismatch ingest module
- Android ingest module
- KML report module
- Tags can be deleted
- Hash databases can be created and maintained
Autopsy® is a digital forensics platform and graphical interface to The Sleuth Kit® and other digital forensics tools. It can be used by law enforcement, military, and corporate examiners to investigate what happened on a computer.
Autopsy features :
- Timeline Analysis: Displays system events in a graphical interface to help identify activity.
- Keyword Search: Text extraction and index searched modules enable you to find files that mention specific terms and find regular expression patterns.
- Web Artifacts: Extracts web activity from common browsers to help identify user activity.
- Registry Analysis: Uses RegRipper to identify recently accessed documents and USB devices.
- LNK File Analysis: Identifies short cuts and accessed documents
- Email Analysis: Parses MBOX format messages, such as Thunderbird.
- EXIF: Extracts geo location and camera information from JPEG files.
- File Type Sorting: Group files by their type to find all images or documents.
- Media Playback: View videos and images in the application and not require an external viewer.
- Thumbnail viewer: Displays thumbnail of images to help quick view pictures.
- Robust File System Analysis: Support for common file systems, including NTFS, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, HFS+, ISO9660 (CD-ROM), Ext2, Ext3, and UFS from The Sleuth Kit.
- Hash Set Filtering: Filter out known good files using NSRL and flag known bad files using custom hashsets in HashKeeper, md5sum, and EnCase formats.
- Tags: Tag files with arbitrary tag names, such as ‘bookmark’ or ‘suspicious’, and add comments.
- Unicode Strings Extraction: Extracts strings from unallocated space and unknown file types in many languages (Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, etc.).
Download version :
Windows x64 : autopsy-3.1.0-64bit.msi (280.1 MB)
Windows x32 : autopsy-3.1.0-32bit.msi (276.2 MB)
Source : http://www.sleuthkit.org/
our post before http://seclist.us/update-the-autopsy-forensic-browser-v-3-0-6.html