– With the latest Java, TinyScan didn’t select a default file type when saving.
– It didn’t find the duplicates if the data had been sorted.
– The save tree was not working properly.
– I removed some options to simplify the program.
– I cleaned the source code (the communications between the classes were simplified).
A Java-based powerful disk usage utility. It outputs a table and a tree. TinyScan is able to export the result to Excel, Access, MySQL and it can also scan remote computers. It is free and open source.
Functional features :
- Report disk usage.
- Scan remote computers.
- Export the result to Excel, Access, MySQL, etc.
- Import the result to a database for analysis :
- count files by extension or type (audio, video, text, …)
Technical characteristics :
- Written in Java. Tested on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Tiny (160 KB).
- No installer. Unzip and start.
- Fast: each file is accessed only once during a scan.
- Freeware, open source. No spyware inside.
- These characteristics allow you to hold TinyScan on a USB stick and to use it as a Swiss knife.
Download : TinyScan 7.1 (76.5 kB) http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinyscan/files/latest/download?source=files
Source code : tinyscan-7.1-source-code.zip (70.5 kB) http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinyscan/files/TinyScan/7.1/tinyscan-7.1-source-code.zip/download
Find Other Version | http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinyscan/files/TinyScan/7.1/
Read more in here : http://tinyscan.sourceforge.net/