The Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF) is a framework designed to improve the level of reuse and automation in test cases and test environments. The goal of STAF is to provide a complete end-to-end automation solution for testers.
|Platform : Windows & Unix./Linux|
- STAF is an automation framework intended to make it easier to create and manage automated testcases and test environments.
- STAF is supported on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, z/OS, IBM i, FreeBSD
- STAF externalizes its capabilities through services. A service provides a focused set of functionality, such as Logging, Process Invocation, File Manipulation, Resource Pools, Semaphores, Events, etc.
- STAFProc is the process that runs on a machine, called a STAF Client, which accepts requests and routes them to the appropriate service. These requests may come from the local machine or from another STAF Client on a remote machine. Thus, STAF works in a peer environment.
- STAX is an execution engine for STAF which can help you thoroughly automate the distribution, execution, and results analysis of your testcases.
- STAX provides support for parallel execution, user-defined granularity of execution control, support for nested testcases, the ability to control the length of execution time, and the ability to monitor STAX jobs.