stack-smashing is A buffer overflow program in C.
TODO for Windows:
– in the borland_compiler folder run the the freecommandLinetools.exe file. The exe will create a Borland folder in the C:// drive, add the bin folder to your path.
– Follow the instructions in “Using the Borland 5_5 Compiler…”, which shows you the config files that are needed, add them to the bin folder.
– Install a perl interpreter, like: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads. From the folder with the .c file run the command “bcc32 StackOverrun.c” which will
– create a StackOverrun.exe, then run the command: “perl HackOverrun.pl”.
This is a team assignment. Requirements are to do a buffer overflow passing in shell-code. This project uses a perl script to run the exploit. Use following steps to run application:
– clone repo
– in directory, run make stack-overrun
– run perl HackOverrun.pl to run exploit
This program has malicious potential and should be used with extreme caution. This project is under the MIT License. We share no liability of any harm that comes from the usage of this code. You are to use this at your own risk.
Download : stack-smashing.zip (1.4 MB)
Source : https://github.com/ewu-shell-code