Changelog v2.1 alpha 20160131 (oe.eo) edition:
Lots of internals and 2003 SP1 support
– [new] sekurlsa module and its kerberos submodule now work with old 2003 SP1 (live or dump)
– [remove] misc::wifi with WLanAPI will be replaced with dpapi::wifi raw access
– [fix] crypto::certificate buffer free at the right place
– [internal] new kull_m_file Find function with callback
– [internal] removed kull_m_file functions (read/write/file exist) with environment-variables, now used for all command-lines – [internal] kull_m_crypto_hash better checks for CRC32 trick – [internal] mimilove for Windows 2000 banner update – [internal] crypto::system now works with buffers (for future registry access)
– [internal] kerberos::ptt & crypto::system call kull_m_file_Find instead of their own implementation
– [internal] remove CrtlHandler, from mimikatz main modules, when exiting to let PowerShell clean
– [internal] expand command lines environment-variables from mimikatz main modules
mimikatz is a tool I’ve made to learn C and make somes experiments with Windows security.
It’s now well known to extract plaintexts passwords, hash, PIN code and kerberos tickets from memory. mimikatz can also perform pass-the-hash, pass-the-ticket or build Golden tickets.
mimikatz is in the form of a Visual Studio Solution and a WinDDK driver (optional for main operations), so prerequisites are:
+ for mimikatz and mimilib : Visual Studio 2010, 2012 or 2013 for Desktop (2013 Express for Desktop is free and supports x86 & x64 – http://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=44914)
+ for mimikatz driver, mimilove (and ddk2003 platform) : Windows Driver Kit 7.1 (WinDDK) – http://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=11800
mimikatz uses SVN for source control, but is now available with GIT too! You can use any tools you want to sync, even incorporated GIT in Visual Studio 2013 =)
Build the solution
+ After opening the solution, Build / Build Solution (you can change architecture)
+ mimikatz is now built and ready to be used! (Win32 / x64)
— you can have error MSB3073 about _build_.cmd and mimidrv, it’s because the driver cannot be build without Windows Driver Kit 7.1 (WinDDK), but mimikatz and mimilib are OK.
Download : mimikatz_trunk.7z | mimikatz_trunk.zip
Source : https://github.com/gentilkiwi | http://blog.gentilkiwi.com/mimikatz