ContiPerf is a lightweight testing utility that enables the user to easily leverage JUnit 4 test cases as performance tests e.g. for continuous performance testing. It is inspired by JUnit 4’s easy test configuration with annotations and by JUnitPerf’s idea of wrapping Unit tests for performance testing, but more powerful and easier to use:
- Using Java annotations for defining test execution characterisitics and performance requirements
- You can mark a test to run a certain number of times or to be repeatedly executed for a certain amount of time
- Performance requirements can be maximum, average, medium or any percentile exectution time
- Perfect control and readability of performance requirements
- You can run tests in two different modes, using them as simple unit tests or performance tests
- Easy integration with Eclipse and Maven
- Export of execution summary to a CSV file
- Small library without external dependencies (only JUnit)
- Easy extension with custom statistics evaluation and tracking mechanisms
Performance Test Suites : Test suites are a powerful mechanism. They can be used for, e.g.
- Reusing existing unit tests that are not ContiPerf-aware in a manner that configures repeated execution and adds performance requirements
- Defining general performance requirements in a ContiPerf test class and reusing this in different test scenarios that induce different execution characteristics, e.g. long-term, expected load, load peak, etc.