What has changed androguard v3.1.0-rc1?
– Ported Androguard to python3! You can now use py2.7 or py>=3.3!
– Tainted Analysis is gone and will be replaced by XREFs using the androguard.core.analysis.analysis.Analysis module.
– Better support for Multidex
– Adding JADX decompiler support
– Fixed bugs in DEX and AXML parser
– Fixed bugs in DAD (decompiler)
– New certificate parsing using pyasn1 and cryptography. There is no need to use chilkat anymore.
– switched from PScout to axplorer. These data should be more accurate.
– removed elsim, as it depends on tained (might come back in the future)
Note that some API’s might have changed, are renamed or removed! If you used Tainted or RiskAnalysis before, you need to remove that code and port it to Analysis.
Androguard is mainly a tool written in python to play with :
Dex/Odex (Dalvik virtual machine) (.dex) (disassemble, decompilation),
APK (Android application) (.apk),
Android’s binary xml (.xml),
Android Resources (.arsc).
Androguard is available for Linux/OSX/Windows (python powered).
Androguard has the following features :
- Map and manipulate DEX/ODEX/APK/AXML/ARSC format into full Python objects,
- Diassemble/Decompilation/Modification of DEX/ODEX/APK format,
- Access to the static analysis of the code (basic blocks, instructions, permissions (with database from http://www.android-permissions.org/) …) and create your own static analysis tool,
- Analysis a bunch of android apps,
- Diffing of android applications,
- Measure the efficiency of obfuscators (proguard, …),
- Determine if your application has been pirated (plagiarism/similarities/rip-off indicator),
- Check if an android application is present in a database (malwares, goodwares ?),
- Open source database of android malware (this opensource database is done on my free time, of course my free time is limited, so if you want to help, you are welcome !),
- Detection of ad/open source librairies (WIP),
- Risk indicator of malicious application,
- Reverse engineering of applications (goodwares, malwares),
- Transform Android’s binary xml (like AndroidManifest.xml) into classic xml,
- Visualize your application with gephi (gexf format), or with cytoscape (xgmml format), or PNG/DOT output,
- Integration with external decompilers (JAD+dex2jar/DED/…)
Download Using git:
git clone https://github.com/androguard/androguard && cd androguard
sudo apt install python python-pyqt5 python-pyperclip python-networkx ipython python-future python-pyasn1 python-cryptography python-magic python-pydot
You should be able to use python3 as well:
apt install python3 python3-pyqt5 python3-pyperclip python3-networkx ipython3 python3-future python3-pyasn1 python3-cryptography python3-magic python3-pydot
python setup.py install
python3 setup.py install
git pull origin master