update NOWASP Mutillidae v-2.5.8 : Web Pen-Test Practice Application
Change Log for NOWASP 2.5.8:
- Fixed bug in the set up database script that would cause error when redirecting back to a page which had no parameters in the URL.
- Added example code and additional hints to the IDOR hints
- Added more JS injection hints and sample injections for the password generator page
- Added XSS and HTMLi hints to the password generator page
- Added more code examples to the authentication bypass page
NOWASP (Mutillidae) is a free, open source, deliberately vulnerable web-application providing a target for web-security enthusiest. NOWASP (Mutillidae) can be installed on Linux and Windows using LAMP, WAMP, and XAMMP for users who do not want to administrate a webserver. It is pre-installed on SamuraiWTF, Rapid7 Metasploitable-2, and OWASP BWA. The existing version can be updated on pre-installed platforms. With dozens of vulns and hints to help the user; this is an easy-to-use web hacking environment deliberately designed for labs, security enthusiast, classrooms, CTF, and vulnerability assessment tool targets. Mutillidae has been used in graduate security courses, corporate web sec training courses, and as an “assess the assessor” target for vulnerability assessment software.
- Mutillidae can be installed on Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 7 using XAMMP making it easy for users who do not want to install or administrate their own webserver. Mutillidae is confirmed to work on XAMPP, WAMP, and LAMP. XAMPP is the “default” deployment.
- Installs easily by dropping project files into the “htdocs” folder of XAMPP.
- Will attempt to detect if the MySQL database is available for the user
- Preinstalled on Rapid7 Metasploitable 2, Samurai Web Testing Framework (WTF), and OWASP Broken Web Apps (BWA)
- Contains 2 levels of hints to help users get started
- Has dozen of vulnerablities and challenges. Contains at least one vulnearbility for each of the OWASP Top Ten 2007 and 2010
- Includes bubble-hints to help point out vulnerable locations
- System can be restored to default with single-click of “Setup” button
- Switches between secure and insecure mode
- Secure and insecure source code for each page stored in the same PHP file for easy comparison
- Used in graduate security courses, in corporate web sec training courses, and as an “assess the assessor” target for vulnerability software
- Mutillidae has been tested/attacked with Cenzic Hailstorm ARC, W3AF, SQLMAP, Samurai WTF, Backtrack, HP Web Inspect, Burp-Suite, NetSparker Community Edition, and other tools
- Instructional Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/webpwnized
- Updates tweeted to @webpwnized
Download : LATEST-mutillidae-2.5.8.zip (13.8 MB)
Find Other Version |
Resources : http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=mutillidae/mutillidae-deliberately-vulnerable-php-owasp-top-10
Our post before : http://seclist.us/2013/03/update-nowasp-mutillidae-v-2-4-10.html